What's Expected of Me?
Before you receive specific details of when and where our events run, you must confirm in writing, Facebook messenger, text message and/or email that you will follow the guidance of the groups (our current version is listed below). This includes as and when they are updated (normally once a year). Whilst the Covid pandemic is on, we also have to follow the COVID regulations (also listed below) All guidance is approved by an independent peer advocacy group.
BANDs (Bath Autism and NeuroDiversity spectrums) CIC Guidance (as of October 2020)
All attendees to BANDs must follow the following guidance.
- Have or consider themselves to have autism, Asperger syndrome and/or similar neurodiversities, including (but not limited to) AD(H)D, Non-Verbal Learning Disorder, dyslexia, dyspraxia, social anxiety, dyscalculia, OCD, Bipolar Disorder, Borderline Personality Disorder, Tourette’s syndrome and schizophrenia. People may attend regardless of diagnosis, provided the volunteers and members feel safe around them. Anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a responsible adult at all times.
- The groups (board gaming, café, pub, cinema, theatre, trampoline event, day trips, ten pin bowling, Xmas events, BANDs extra events) organised by BANDs are open to anyone over the age of 16. Please keep swearing to a minimum when 16-18 year olds are in attendance.
- BANDs is against all forms of discrimination, including (but not limited to) homophobia, transphobia, ableism, ageism and racism. Derogatory comparisons with other disabilities, identities or level of disability will not be tolerated. Anyone who repeatedly displays any of these behaviours will be asked to temporarily or permanently leave the group (including the Facebook group).
- If you know of someone who is interested in BANDs, ask them to contact ‘Alfie’ on email@example.com or 07905345591 (please leave a message or text during the day if you cannot get hold of ‘Alfie’). The times, dates and locations will only be given out by ‘Alfie’ to keep the group safe and prevent more than three new people arriving at each separate group, minimising ‘unexpected events’. (However if they are still in the Facebook group, you can pass groups details onto them).
- Text and email reminders are normally sent out the weekend before the groups meet. If you wish to receive these and you avoid repetitive texting or instant messaging please let ‘Alfie’, the facilitator, know. It would greatly help Alfie if you let him know 2 days in advance regarding your attendance.
- If you wish to see a particular film at the cinema (BANDs at Bath group or BANDs at Frome group), please let ‘Alfie’ know, preferably a few days before you wish to go. An email or text will be sent out to others in the group to give every member the opportunity to join. Extra cinema events can be arranged on request.
- It is advisable to book your cinema tickets in advance of the December BANDs’ at Bath cinema group, details will be sent out after the November BANDs at Bath group.
- Christmas meals must be paid for in full by the end of Novembers groups. This can be done in person, via bank transfer or Paypal to firstname.lastname@example.org. This is to minimise the chances of an ‘unexpected event’ of your meal not being available on the day. Please use “your name and initial” as reference when sending money via bank transfer eg “Alfie G”.
- ‘Alfie’ will only step in to resolve a situation if someone asks for ‘Alfie’s’ help or the situation is one sided and/or upsetting or distressing to other people (including the general public where relevant).
PS. This guidance applies whether Alfie (or another facilitator appointed by Alfie) is running the groups.
BANDs Covid Regulations Updated August 2021
- If you have been told to self isolate (either from the NHS Covid app or a medical professional) do not attend any BAND's in person events for the next 5 days, then make sure you get a negative Covid test.
- If you have been in close contact (around 1.5 meters) with anyone whose suspected of having Covid then do not attend any in person BANDs events for the next 5 days, then make sure you get Covid tested, if this test is negative you are welcome to attend BANDs.
- If you have been in close contact (around 1.5 meters) with anyone who has Covid-19 then do not attend any in person BANDs events for the next 5 days, then make sure you get Covid tested, if this test is negative you are welcome to attend BANDs.
- If you need to tell anyone that you've had close contact (around 1.5 meters) due to any of the above situations, do so only via phone call, text message, email or messenger (unless you live with them).
- If you find out after being at a BANDs event that any of sections 1-4 apply to you then tell Alfie immediately via email@example.com or telephone or Facebook messenger or text message. Alfie has a list of who attends which events and will let BANDs members know without telling them your name (if you wish).
- If you need any of these regulations explained at any time, then please email, text or Facebook messenger Alfie who will then get back to you as soon as is practical for him.
- Alfie Green and his co facilitators have to oversee these regulations and will review the situation according to current governmental guidelines and latest scientific research.
- If Alfie Green believes you are breaking self-isolation rules (or sections 1-5), he will have no option but to send you home. He will get the venue staff to remove you from the building if necessary. You will still be liable for any money you have spent that night at that venue.
PS. These regulations also apply even if you meet up with any BANDs members outside of the group.Back to the homepage
Back to the top of the page